Friday, April 22, 2011

The light at the end of the tunnel...

While visiting Utah for Farmor's funeral, Warren's Uncle Ernie said the sweetest thing to me. When I first saw him, his face lit up and he said, "Congratulations!" My heart sunk for a second as I assumed he thought I was pregnant...which I'm not...so I wasn't sure what to say to him. "You guys are graduating! I know it was just as much work for you as it was for Warren!"

Now, I will say, that it may not have been just as much work for me, because Warren has worked tirelessly for the past 4 years to finish school. But it was nice to be recognized for my support...from someone other than my sweet Warren of course.

It has been an incredibly long, busy road and I am so grateful to be nearing the end of this one and embarking on the next adventure together. Some unexpected incidents in our lives have forced change upon us quicker than we had intended. My initial reaction was stress and a little sadness, but trying to see the good and have faith in a positive outcome. Warren's reaction was to take the family to Black Angus to "Celebrate change!" as he put it.

I have witnessed the Lord's hand in our lives in ways I never expected, nor could have predicted. My faith has been tested and I have been humbled by the sweet blessings in our lives. I have become even more grateful for all that I have...especially my beautiful family.

It is exciting to see that the light at the end of the MBA/House/AZ tunnel growing from a pin prick to almost full daylight.
We are SO close.
20 days and then we CELEBRATE!

I am grateful that my darling husband, even though he's extremely busy, finds time to play with the kids and interact with them as much as possible. I love how excited and happy they get when they hear him start to open the door. Their eyes literally light up...it is pure joy for me to watch.
All the stress, all the lonely evenings, all the busy, long days without a break are almost over...
We are SO CLOSE! YAY!


1 comment: