Friday, March 5, 2010

PUDDLE!

After a big rainstorm we went to the park and the field was covered in a huge puddle. At first I told Blake to stay away from the water or we would have to go home. Then I thought...who cares? Relax and let him have a great time being a kid! I constantly have to remind myself to let go and have a great time.
The joy that came from watching him run and splash through this puddle will never be forgotten.
Whoops!

That mischevious little smile came across his face as he said, "Mommy, you want a hug?"
Then he started to chase me...
and caught me.
It was the best Mud Hug I think I'll ever get!
A little side note- BLAKE IN PRIMARY
So far Blake has had trouble sitting on the chairs. Instead he likes to stand on them.
He erased the name from the inside cover of his scriptures but was able to recognize them again by the Curious George sticker in the back.
He got dressed for church all by himself! His pants were on backwards and his shirt was buttoned lopsided, but I was just proud he got ready when I told him to so we didn't fix it.
When I asked him how Primary was last week he said, "Great! I was calling all my friends names really quietly and they didn't hear me and the teacher didn't hear me."
I said, "What do you mean? What names were you calling them?"
"Oh, you know, like 'Hippo' and 'Rat-face'"
It scares me that a good day in primary to him is one where he didn't get caught for something he knew was naughty! (For the last three months everyone has been called animal names, especially HIPPO. He uses it like, "You Silly!" So if you are ever called one of these names by Blake, don't take offense. Consider it a term of endearment.)

1 comment:

  1. You are a great mom, Kell. Not everyone would let their kid splash through a lake-sized puddle. :) That's something I'm still struggling with--letting go.

    ReplyDelete