Friday, March 5, 2010

Dinosaur Party- Blake is 4!

Check out the sweet shirt Blake and I made for his Dinosaur party!
All the kids made a dinosaur hat when they first arrived at the party.
They turned out so cute and the kids loved wearing them
Blake and Josselyn enjoying some delicious Dino-refreshments

I served Snail dogs, dinosaur eggs (black olives in a nest of shredded lettuce), T-Rex teeth (sliced bananas) and assorted chips and dips.

Clayton got a painted Dinosaur shirt too!

I made authentic looking dinosaur eggs and hid them in the sandbox for kids to find. They were sealed shut so the kids had to break them open to get the dinosaur goodies inside.
(I used sandpaper on the outside of eggs and painted a thick layer of Elmer's glue on them and rolled them in sand. They were so hard to find that there are still two lost in the sandbox!)
I put on Dino-glasses and told the kids that I was Dina-Dinosaur and I laid my eggs in a nest and then a HUGE sand storm covered them up. The kids took turns wearing the glasses at first and then they all just jumped in and started digging.
Next we headed to the park for some Dino-relays.

The kids had to wear these BIG Dino-feet and balance a dinosaur egg on a spoon.
To be able to walk in them, you must take big, wide, Dinosaur footsteps.
The hand off
Then we pretended that the sand was hot lava and the kids could only jump on the papers to climb the playground volcano.
Most of them made it to the top without any serious burns;)

Blake seemed to be thinking very hard about his Birthday wish!

What would a Dinosaur party be without an oozing volcano?
I made the volcano out of cookie dough ice cream by freezing some in a big disposable plastic cup. When it was frozen, I broke away the cup and shaped the remaining ice cream around it. I then crumbled graham crackers all over it and added the decorative red icing. The kids were pretty excited to get to pick the dinosaur they wanted to keep.
After the party, Clayton crawled after his brother trying to get his hands on the colorful hat.

1 comment:

  1. Kelli: You are amazing! Wish we could have been there to celebrate your sweet boy's day!

    Much love, Christine

    ReplyDelete