Look at the beautiful fall mountains just a stone's throw from our house. I wake up every morning and think, "I can't believe I get to live here!"
My sister and her husband should be models.
Fun at the "Wood" park
Dylan's first time in the swing.
We took the family for a fun time at a local fun zone and the kids had so much fun on the unlimited rides and coasters.
This roller coaster is surprisingly fast! Even though the picture is blurry, you can tell how much the kids were giggling.
This is in front of the LDS Conference center. It was really amazing to see how huge the meeting hall is and to tour the gardens on top. Clayton was a major handful, so I was grateful when the tour ended and we were away from all the fountains and wishing wells. That kid wanted to go for a swim and Blake was trying to fish out nickels and quarters.
I remember the first time I ever walked around Temple Square. I was in awe of this amazing building that took the Saints 40 years to complete. I remember the feeling of peace I had, even as such a young girl, and I knew that I wanted to be married here for time and all eternity. I thank Heavenly Father every day for allowing me that special blessing. Marrying Warren here over 10 years ago was the best decision I have ever made. I am so grateful to know that our family is united throughout the eternities.
Does it get cuter than this picture of my nieces and nephew? Seriously!
After the temple, we decided to stop by Dad's grave site and add a festive bouquet to his and my grandpa's headstones. We gathered all of the grand-kids around his head stone and my heart ached a little bit that they will never know him in this life.
In the picture above, little Lexie is doing the "tiny wave" I taught her while on this trip. She really warmed up to me while they were here and it was heaven for me. She would only do the "tiny wave" to me...even after they returned home, no one could get her to do it. To my surprise and utter delight, she resumed the "tiny wave" when we visited Colorado for Christmas. I guess it's just our special little thing.
Dylan...meet Papa.
You would have loved your Papa! He could make the funniest Donald Duck voice that I know would startle you, and then you would laugh. He would do anything silly to get you to laugh. He LOVED his grandchildren more than anything. Even though he's not here right now, I'm sure he gave you a hug before you joined our family. Thanks for passing on his hugs and kisses to me.
We put all the "Big Ones" as we referred to them in the boy's room. It was a challenge to get them all to go to sleep, but they sure had a lot of fun laughing and telling stories.
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment