Last Sunday was Blake's Primary Program in church. In our ward, they let the kids perform musical selections for prelude music on the day of the Children's program. Blake was asked to sing,
"A Young Man Prepared."
He did such a great job and we were able to record him practicing the week before. Below are the words to the song...
Though a boy, I may appear, yet a man I soon will be.
If I prepare and live clean in every thought word and deed,
I will be worthy to hold the sacred Priesthood of God.
So I now, prepare myself. I will serve my fellow men,
being armed with the truth, the scriptures my guide,
I'll go forward a young man prepared.
I just love the message and I cherish his sweet little voice. I think it is really cute how you can hear him kind of humming along to the musical introduction. On the day of the program, he missed his entrance, so I sang out to help him just like in the video and he recovered great!
He was also asked to give a talk on a time when he made the right choice even though it was hard.
Here is his part...
"This summer my little brother fell down on his bike as we were coming home from a party. He was hurt and started crying. My mom asked me to push his bike home and I said, "Sure." I gave him my popcorn to help him feel better. It was really hot outside so it was hard to push his bike home by myself. I'm glad that I made the right choice by helping my family. My choice to help without complaining made everyone feel happy."
He did a great job of reading his part smoothly. After the last line, he let out a big sigh into the microphone and the congregation chuckled. He looked at me all confused because he had done a great job reading and he didn't get why they laughed at him. It was so cute.
After the program, he told me, "That was torture! I loved the parts when I sang and when I got to talk but the rest of the time was SO boring and I just had to sit there and be good!"
At least he really liked being in the spotlight.
Tonight, Blake got Dylan to giggle the most we have ever heard! Blake was the first person to get Dylan to laugh and apparently Dylan thinks he's the funniest guy ever! We were driving so the video is a little rough but I am so happy we captured the moment.
On Labor Day, Warren took us up to Park City to go on the alpine slides. It was such a fun day and it felt like we were on vacation for the afternoon. It was such a fun, spontaneous trip!
I just adore all these little wiggly boys!

No comments:
Post a Comment