Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Cinco De Mayo....Dylan Keith

 Even though we thought the baby might come a little earlier, he decided to stay until his final eviction notice. Warren took this picture of me early Saturday morning before we left for the hospital to be induced.
 We had a few scary moments with this delivery. With all of my babies, I have had to be on oxygen and move my position a lot because the babies heartrates don't recover well during intense contractions. After the doctor broke my water, the contractions were coming so hard and fast that the baby's heart rate kept dropping really low and wouldn't bounce back up as high as it had been before. The nurse did an amnio infusion, which basically means they tried to put fluid back into my uterus to relieve some pressure on the baby. Even though I was only a 4 when he broke my water, I was at a 9 shortly there after. The doctor decided to start pushing immediately since the baby was in distress.  A minute and a half later, he was out and breathing great! What a relief!
 He has such cute little hands and feet compared to my other two boys. We weren't sure what his name would be until after we met him. We decided he is...
 Dylan Keith Lignell
May 5, 2012
7 lbs. 15 oz.
19 1/2 inches long
11:45 am
 He had this pouty little lip for about the first 6 hours of life. He wasn't sure what to think of this bright new world he was just forced into. Although he pouted a little, he was so quiet and peaceful.
 I loved having this special quiet time right after birth when I got to hold him against my skin for the first time.



 Holding Daddy's strong hands during his first bath ordeal.

 Our little burrito for Cinco de Mayo







 Granny took such good care of our boys while we were in the hospital and I can't even express how grateful we are for her help.
 We had so many visitors and it was great to show of our new little bundle. All of Warren's immediate family came to meet Dylan over the two days we were in the hospital (except for one cousin who couldn't make it because of he was collecting fast offerings for Fast Sunday.)
 Aunt Krissy
 Uncle Elliot
 Elliot and Krissy brought us Chips, salsa, and guac to ring the the Cinco de Mayo.  The nurses commented later that our room smelled like a restaurant. They also brought a bag of Jelly belly candy...in honor of my now jelly-belly. I thought that was so cute!
 Papa
 Adriane
 Derek
 Natalie
 Phil
 Courtney
 Alex and Caroline

 Brooke
 Ethan
 Sarah
 Adam
Amber

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the post. I am glad that you didn't have to go into C-section. I am glad that you and the baby are both doing great.

    ReplyDelete