Monday, April 23, 2012

MOMMY'S COOKIES!!!!

The other night I made a wonderful dinner and cleaned everything up. Then I got the craving for delicious oatmeal chocolate chip cookies.  Even though I had no energy, I forced myself to get up. The boys were really excited and very helpful...a little too helpful, if you know what I mean!  There were grabby little hands everywhere and I had a hard time concentrating on the recipe.

I knew after the first batch we cooked that we'd done something wrong but I couldn't figure out what! The kids thought they tasted great and couldn't tell, but I was SO ANGRY. I was fuming inside that I had gone to all that work and they weren't what I was craving. I could honestly feel my blood pressure rising, I was so bugged.  I wanted to crumble them into a million pieces and throw them away! I finally added a little flour to the last incomplete batch before throwing them in the oven. To my surprise, they turned out nearly as good as normal.  

I couldn't believe that just having the cookies I wanted could change my mood so quickly. I was suddenly so happy! I put all of MY cookies on a labeled plate to cool, for fear that the boys or Daddy would take one of my precious morsels.  When Warren saw, he pretended to eat one to tease me and I'll admit,  he was close to getting a knuckle sandwich!  

I enjoyed a couple cookies in the peace of the basement. When I came back upstairs, Warren smirked at me. When I questioned why, he started laughing and said, 
"Nothing...it's just that you have chocolate all over your face and belly."

It was so worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment