HAND, FOOT, AND MOUTH DISEASE!
Poor Clayton had a mild temperature (99.4) last Monday and the next day, he broke out in blister-like spots. I found out he got it from a St. Patrick's Day luncheon we went to the Friday before.
It was really stressful as he first started spotting because I didn't know what it was and it made me so sad to see my sweet son's skin blistering up. It is highly contagious, so I spent a ton of time disinfecting the house and keeping Blake as far away from Clayton as possible.
The disease can be passed through saliva, mucus, feces, hugs/kisses while the fever is present. To air on the side of caution, I wanted to keep him away from anyone until all of his spots were gone. Clayton was pretty whiny the first couple days and all he wanted to do was snuggle and kiss me. I figured it was inevitable that I would get it. I ended up having a bad 24 hours of fever, chills, sore throat, and headache. It was especially hard because Warren was gone that weekend, but after a rough night, I felt much better. I got some blotchy spots on my palms and the soles of my feet, but it wasn't too bad and they went away quickly. I lost a lot of sleep for a few nights because my feet itched! One night I had to put ice packs in my socks!
After the first couple days of not feeling that great, Clayton was happy and feeling fine. He wanted to be out in the back yard enjoying the beautiful weather. I dressed him in light long-sleeves and mittens so he could play in the dirt.
The boys helped me plant peas in the garden and Blake found the MOTHER of all worms. They were pretty excited. I have never seen such a big worm. I thought it was a small snake at first! Since we couldn't go anywhere for over a week, we spent a lot of time in our beautiful new yard.
Clayton loves to ride his bike on the back patio. He especially loves it when Blake helps him go fast. He says, "You best brother in whole world," and "thank you, Brother." It is so precious. I love the sequence that follows.
Hence the reason for the helmet.

When daddy came home from his Birthday weekend away (snowmobiling with buddies) he took the kids to McDonald's and on a little hike. The boys had fun climbing up the slippery shale rock bed.


Bear was happy to get out too!


While they were gone, I organized the baby's room. Now I finally feel like we'll be okay if he makes an early arrival. We bought a new car-seat and I found some cute new sheets that match the bedding I already have. I am also using a different crib. I like that it is just a little different since I'm using all of my original stuff.
Now all we need are some diapers and we are pretty much set!
how cute, that is why we kepp producing boys. They are just so fun together. Did you buy a new crib? I got a new crib from my mom for #3, and it looks just like yours, too. :) Can't wait to put the room together in 5 months or so....
ReplyDelete