Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Things I want to remember...

The last few weeks have been full of those precious moments in motherhood when you think, "I want to remember this moment, this touch, this feeling forever." Sometimes I wish that I could freeze time and hang on to these moments forever. I guess I better keep up on my blogging so that I can always return and remember the details. My sleeping angel. I've heard from my family that Clayton actually looks like me. I don't think I've ever heard that with Blake.
Clayton has learned to wait patiently for any meal with his arms folded. Blake reminds everyone to pray each meal. Clayton knows that if we are saying a prayer, chow-time is close! He smiles really big when he hear's, "In the name of..."

Clayton is such a good little sport to be woken up early for Blake's soccer games on Saturday mornings. It was surprisingly chilly that morning and he was content to snuggle in his favorite blankie and watch the action. He is now good at throwing the ball over his head and kicking the soccer ball just from watching. If he sees a ball, he says, "Ball" over and over until you give it to him.
That same day we took the boys to Encanto park while we waited for our car to have some repairs done. Clayton never really smiled, but he was having a great time. It was like he was too busy taking everything in to even smile. He just cranked the steering wheel to the right and went in circles.
Blake took it a little more seriously.
This makes me so happy. Seeing my boys doing things together is so wonderful! Blake loves his little brother so much, that he didn't really like any of the rides that he went on by himself.
Yesterday when I dropped him off for preschool, I told him to say good-bye to his brother. I watched through the window as he handed Clayton the sippy he'd dropped, and kissed him on the cheek several times. Clayton cried for his brother as he walked up to the house. It was so tender. I am so glad they are such sweet little friends.
Clayton loved the Merry-go-round. He would say, "Neigh, neigh, WEEEEEE! Neigh, neigh WEEEEE!" It was darling.
Morning snuggles... I hurried and grabbed the camera because Clayton was laying back. He is usually running around, so it was unusual to see him so relaxed.
Clayton already knows that 2 is better than one
While on the phone the other day, I changed Clayton's diaper, wrapped him in his blankie and laid him in his bed for a nap. I had forgotten to give him his binkie. With each step I took toward the door, his call became a little more panicked. "baba? Baba? BAba? BABA!" It was so funny and cute. I gave it to him and he settled right down.
When we say, "Bath-time" Clayton literally drops whatever is in his hands and makes a run for the bathroom. It is a riot.
Blake had his last Soccer game on Saturday and he was awarded this amazing trophy. It even had his name engraved on it. Luckily, Daddy (Coach) got one too for Clayton to play with.
It was a challenge to get a perfect picture for our Halloween card this year. I almost chose this one because it captured how I felt as the photographer. HOLD STILL AND SMILE!
Every time we put the costumes on, we would walk around the neighborhood or go to the park to try to get a good shot. One afternoon, Clayton pulled his costume down from the closet, brought me his shoes and tried opening the front door. It was a little sad to me that he thought he had to put on his costume to go outside. Have I ruined him forever?
This picture captures yet another one of those moments I don't want to forget. My little StarWars buddies holding hands on the way to the park.
I like this one because Clayton looks very wise. It looks like he's puffing on a pipe or something.
Blake is so helpful to have at the park because he helps his brother do everything and he keeps him from walking/falling off of any dangerous spots. He is such a good brother.
Kristin and I set up a little photo shoot and we finally captured a few perfect shots of the kids. Storm Trooper, Yoda, and Princess Leia.
Does it get any cuter than this, seriously?
(Blake told us, "Actually {he starts sentences with that all the time} I am Luke Skywalker at the part of the movie when he's disguised as a Storm trooper.")

No comments:

Post a Comment