Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Sweet Surprise

Lately, I've been struggling with a lot of anxiety. Usually once I find the cause, I can deal with it and move on, but this time it has been hard to pinpoint exactly where it is coming from. So, in order to deal with it, I've been trying to rest a lot more and do more things for myself. I took a break from my Primary responsibilities because of General Conference and I am feeling much better after some much needed rest on Sunday. I decided yesterday afternoon that even though Warren is gone a lot on Monday evenings for work, that I would still try to hold FHE because we have gotten out of practice. As I prepared a little lesson for the kids, I started thinking about how good a McDonald's icecream cone sounded. Maybe I would take the kids out for a treat there after FHE. A few minutes later, the phone rang and a sweet sister from our ward, Diane, said hello to me. She announced that she and her husband were going to pick up McDonald's icecream cones and deliver them to us for their FHE activity. I was in shock and of course, I accepted the offering quickly. I told the kids they were stopping by with a surprise and they were both so excited when she arrived with icecream. I tried to take a few pictures of the kids enjoying the treats, but they were too focused on the yummy goodness to pose well for any good smile shots.

I was lucky I got these two little piggies to even look at the camera.

It was such a simple act of service, but it was just what I needed to finish out my day. It made me feel good to be thought of by someone else and it really made me so happy.
We had our second soccer game on Saturday and the kids played much better. It must be all of that amazing coaching:)

We even scored 2 goals!
Cute boys

I caught Blake rocking his brother in the chair the other day and I had to laugh. I don't think Clayton could get away, even if he wanted to.
Clayton is such a climber. He has learned by himself to open the oven drawer and use it to stand on to see what's cookin. Talk about dangerous! He likes to get on the table and when I go to get him off, he starts walking backwards to avoid me. This always makes me panic and I have to rush to grab him. I am grateful for every day that there is no major injury with this boy. The other night he fell off a chair he was climbing on. It was nothing too major, but he was very sad and extra snuggly. I was sad he got hurt, but I was lovin' the snuggles!

No comments:

Post a Comment