Saying goodbye to the Laveen Ward Primary was extremely difficult. I loved being a part of such a wonderful ward and surrounded by so many sweet children each week. They are so precious.


I took these pictures the week before my last, not knowing that my counselors had something special planned for my final week. They got all of the children to write messages on a special blanket for me and surprised me with it. Kendra explained that once when a family in the ward suffered a tragedy, I had the kids write messages to their friends on long sheet of butcher paper. Then I asked the kids to come up front and I wrapped the paper around them and explained that we were giving their family a great big hug in this time of need. She wanted to send me off to cold Utah with a warm, Laveen Primary hug. I bawled like a baby. The kids then sang one of my most favorite Primary songs, "Teach me to Walk in the Light." Then I really lost it as each child came up and hugged me goodbye. I was able to express my love for them, through hugs and many tears. I was so humbled that each of them wanted to hug me...some of them several times. I miss them so very much and hope to track down the pictures of this sweet event. I will be forever grateful for this sweet send off and I am so blessed to have served with them.
One sister in the ward gave me the sweetest compliment when I said goodbye to her. She said, "I am a better person for having known you." I really hope that is true because the reverse is certainly true for me for her and all of my friends in the Laveen Ward.
No comments:
Post a Comment