We just had a great night out with our dear friends visiting from Durango, CO. We haven't seen them in at least a year and it was so fun to reconnect. We all met at Red Robin and had fun wrestling the kids. Dusty's sister, Dallyn, was sweet enough to take this group shot of us. We were amazed that all the kids were actually looking!
It is fun to have friends that you can pick right back up with, even though we haven't been able to see them for so long. We have really missed having them live close to us.
I love that I can call Dusty during the day when I'm lonely and chat for a bit. She's such a spunky, cute, sweet, fun girl, I just love to be around her. With her, it isn't always just chit chat, usually our phone calls are like therapy sessions. I always hang up feeling better. I remember once when she still lived close, she happened to drop by unannounced. My house was a total wreck, I was in the middle of a huge ironing pile, and the kitchen was a disaster. Dusty came in, set the kids down to play and just started doing my dishes and sweeping my floors as we talked. It was so sweet.
After dinner, we headed back to Dusty's mom's house to play games. Brigg and Blake ended up wrestling and it was so cute to see them playing together again. Blake turned out to be quite the little wrestler. Brigg was often distracted by the TV so we had to turn it off so he could focus. Warren and Brad were cheering the boys on, coaching and giving them pointers. It was pretty fun and the best part was no one got hurt:)
Here's a cute little picture of the boys together at the zoo just before they moved away. It is amazing that they could grow so much in just a couple years. It was very upsetting to Blake when he had to say goodbye when they moved away. Nights like tonight remind me how important it is to make friends...good friends and do what you can to keep them as close as possible.
Thx kelli.
ReplyDelete