So, of course the day after my "oh so happy to be a mother" post, I had a really challenging day. I didn't get to bed until really late and got up twice with Clayton in the night. I started the day off tired at 6:30am and scurried around the house getting everything ready for the preschool Co-op. All three of us were tired and cranky today. While Clayton napped, I begged Blake to let me rest for 45 minutes while he watched a show. He only bugged me once to ask for a bowl of Fruit Loops that I hardly ever let him have. I replied, "I don't care as long as you can get it yourself." He did so happily.
I awoke with one of the those awful headaches that you sometimes get when you nap. On top of it, I think I am coming down with a cold because I am achy and stuffy.
As dinner-time approached, my pal Brittany saved my life by bringing dinner over to share while Warren was at school taking a final. She was an eye witness to the two cranky boys that wouldn't stop yelling. We could barely say a sentence to one another without being interupted.
When Warren got home, I sat down in our disaster of a closet to sort some clothes as we talked while he changed. He left the room for a bit and came back to find me like this. It turns out, a pile of crap can be quite comfortable when you've have a really rotten day and too little sleep.
My day wasn't all bad though. For preschool I taught the kids about the skin, sun safety, and water safety. I had a big box full of clothes and other items sealed shut in the front room. After my lesson, I let them open it up and dress me for different situations...
Swimming
Building a snow-man
(they insited on the cowboy hat)
(they insited on the cowboy hat)
I let the kids take the pictures so I was constantly trying to position myself to where they were pointing the camera.
We all had a lot of fun.
Awwwww...Poor little thing! I hope you are feeling better and have a easier day.
ReplyDelete