Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Keeping busy, being creative

I'm not way into all the scary Halloween decor, so I've made it a tradition to decorate my home with pictures of the kids in their costumes each year. I just pick out cute Halloween frames and pack them away with the Halloween stuff. It has been fun to get them back out again and see how much Blake has grown. We made bats out of egg cartons to make it a little more festive...the black cat added himself- appropriate I think.

Blake helped me make these friendly little ghosts to dance around our front tree. Then he decided to find out how bark tastes....yummmm.
Everyone: meet "Hunt"-
our scarecrow.
Warren took Bear on a walk at night just after we made him and upon arriving home, he barked ferociously at the stuffed quadriplegic invading Blake's bench. After getting a closer look (and sniff) Bear decided "Hunt" could remain in one piece. (P.S. Does this kid EVER have matching shoes?)


Clayton needed a turn chillin' with our new friend.



Blake and I made this spider out of an old sock, batting, and cereal boxes.





Blake is a master spider-leg painter.

Almost every morning he says, "Mom, I want to make another craft." Then I have to find something creative to do with him with things around the house. I'm getting pretty inventive.

2 comments:

  1. What if you find out that I'm the one stealing all your porch decorations? Ha ha ha ha (that's my most evil laugh right there)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that why you never invite us over?

    ReplyDelete